- Cash is intuitive. Everyone understands cash, across the generations and at any business. It’s accepted (and eagerly welcomed) everywhere. Sure, there is a lot of hype around payment apps and even cryptocurrencies, but those options are doing little to streamline preferences. Paying with apps can be a clunky experience (try grabbing coffee using Bitcoin!) and when your friends and family all use different ones, well, you can imagine the conundrum.
- Transaction fees are kicked to the curb. Swiping your credit card here, there and everywhere is a slippery slope—especially if you’re not going to pay your card off in full every—month. But, think about it this way. When you pay with plastic or digitally , you’re actually paying more. This applies to pretty much everything, from credit cards and wiring money to payment apps. Why would you choose to pay more? Cash avoids these pesky transaction fees by offering you the most clean-cut way of doing business and exchanging money.
- You’re using real money. And by real money, we mean money you’ve already earned—it’s yours! And the beauty is that you’re avoiding high-interest debt, entirely. You can choose to purchase on credit, at a rate of 15 percent or greater (yikes!) or you can pay, and save, in cash and give yourself a hefty discount with every purchase.
- Cash provides greater control. Paying in cash is a lot like dieting and recording every single thing you eat, forcing you to become painfully aware of every calorie ingested. Well, paying with cash is similar. You can’t pretend you have more money available when you look in your wallet and see what’s really left. There’s a tangible, physical aspect to cash that gives spenders a heightened sense of awareness. It decreases the trivial nature of spending—$5 for coffee, $12 for lunch, $36 for gas. It all adds up—in the form of a slimmer wallet. Goodbye, impulse spending!
- No data breeches. Cybersecurity is a hot topic, in and outside the world of IT. Cash is an obvious way to sidestep fraud and security issues. Additionally, you have the peace of mind that your purchases and habits are yours alone, as cash protects you from the lack of privacy that today’s digital world has made nearly unavoidable.
- Cash is accessible 24/7 wherever life takes you. It’s hard to believe that Automated Teller Machines, or ATMs as they are commonly known, were introduced 50 years ago. Today, more than three million devices are installed at locations around the globe, making convenient anytime, anywhere, self-service access to cash a reality.
Join our Withdraw Cash Wednesday campaign and take control of Labor Day by using cash!